The following personal 'Lupus Stories' are from a series we have been including in 'The Saskatchewan Lupine' newsletter since the spring of 2003. It is called 'Meet the Lupus SK Members' and is intended help our members get to know and connect with each other. Even though these stories illustrate the many unique faces of lupus, they also describe the commonalities and provide a wealth of insight into accepting and coping with the challenges of this disease. These stories are not only written by those who have lupus, but by family members, too, because lupus has repercussions on everyone around the person with lupus.
We will continue to add stories as they become available, so please check back to read more.
- Vi Van Allen - submitted September 2003
- Betty Bellamy - submitted May 2004
- Irene Driedger - submitted May 2009
- Karen Harder - submitted January 2010
- Melissa McLaughlin - submitted January 2011
- Lori Ries - submitted September 2011
- Donald "Hap" Loeffelholz - submitted May 2012
- Darleen Lange - submitted June 2012
- Betty Cole - submitted April 2014
- Katie Thompson - submitted August 2015